Friday, October 2, 2009

What Hazel and Andrew Like






















It is so fun and interestiong to see your child develop. I have been watching Hazel change and grow for four and a half years. I can't believe it! Andrew is getting to that age now where he is showing an interest in certain things. Here is just a few of the things each of the kids like. If you know Hazel at all you know she likes dinosaurs. Obsession comes to mind when thinking about her and dinos. You may not know that she also likes ponies and horses. She likes watching videos (so much that I have to limit the time she watches them). She likes chocolate milk, even made with rice milk and a chocolate powder full of vitamins and green foods. She likes cantaloupe. She likes ice cream. She likes sleeping with the hallway light on. I could go on and on, but I'm sure the list will change soon enough so I will move on to Andrew. He is now 19 months and definitely knows what he likes. One of his favorites things to do is to brush his teeth. He carries his toothbrush around all over the house. When he wants to brush his teeth he says "beef". This is a shortened version of brush teeth that makes me laugh everytime he says it. He also likes having his shoes on even if we are not going anywhere. He will find his shoes and bring them to me and if I don't take the hint to immediately put them on for him he starts crying. It works everytime; don't judge unless you have kids of your own! He likes watching Elmo. He likes opening and shutting doors. He likes oatmeal, almond butter and peanut butter crackers. He likes putting as much food in his mouth as possible and having both hands full of food for when it's gone. He likes taking a bath. Kids are so much fun because they show every emotion without reserve. I love seeing my kids get excited about the things they like and how it makes their faces light up when they discover something new.






No comments:

Post a Comment